Saturday, January 22, 2011

Passive voice summary

 
Present Simple
Active: Tell
Passive: am/is/are told
John Tells me that you are crazy
I’m told (by John) that you are crazy
Past simple
Active: told
Passive: was/were
John told me that you were crazy
I was told that you are crazy
Present Perfect
Active: has/have + participle (told)
Passive: has/have been told
John has told me the truth
I have been told the truth 
Past Perfect
Active: had told
Passive: had been told
John had already told me the truth
I had already been told the truth
Present continuous
Active: am/is/are telling
Passive: am/is/are being told
John is always telling me the truth.
I am always being told the truth (by John)
Past continuous
Active: was/ were telling
Passive: was/werer being told
John was always telling the truth
I was always being told the truth.
Future simple
Active: will tell
Passive: will be told
John will tell me the truth
I will be told the truth
Future perfect
Active: will have told
Passive: will have been told
By tomorrow, John will have told me the truth
By tomorrow, I will have been told the truth.
Present perfect continuous
Active: has/ have been telling
Passive: has/have been being told
John has been telling me the truth for ages
I have been being told the truth for ages.

No comments:

Post a Comment